Are you planning on selling your house? There must be a thousand questions running in your mind right now. Perhaps you’re weighing your options and asking yourself “Would it be better to hire an agent or should I sell to an Investor? What are the “pros and cons of hiring an Agent vs Selling to investor”?”
If that is the case, continue reading because this blog post is for you!
You are smart to think through all the steps of selling a house because we all know – this is a BIG and COMPLEX decision to make.
Pros and Cons of Hiring an Agent vs. Selling to Investor
Hiring An Agent
- They know the process very well since they have probably done this before
- You don’t have to talk to random people – The agent will negotiate on your behalf
- The agent will make sure that the sale will be done by the book – he/she will guide you step by step
- You might get a price closer to your asking price
- You’ll have to spend to fix up your house
- You’ll have to make sure your house is in “showroom condition”
- You’ll have to wait MONTHS for the agent to show your house to buyers
- … which means you’ll have to pay bills, taxes, and insurance on the property the whole time the house is being shown
- You’ll have to pay the agent’s commissions
- You might not get a price closer to your asking price
- Having to be just “one of many clients”
- Having to consider someone else’s timeline
Selling to Investor
- They know what they are doing – they have probably done this many times
- You’ll get an offer right away, you don’t have to wait– there’s no guesswork or gambling on the market
- You don’t have to pay thousands to fix up your house
- You don’t even have to clean up your house
- You don’t have to wait for months – fast closing
- … which means you don’t have to pay bills, taxes, and insurance on the property that whole time
- You don’t have any real estate commissions or fees to pay
- You can definitely set your own TIMELINE
- An investor may pay less – you may not get “top-dollar” for your house
Which Is Better For You?
It all boils down to these questions:
- How quickly do you need to sell?
- Would you rather try and see IF you can get “market price” (knowing that you’ll have to fix up the house and pay more bills) or know right away how much you will get (and save money, energy and time)
Overall, it is very important to know exactly what you need and to have a realistic view of the situation. Once you know the answer to these questions, then you’ll know if it is better to hire an agent to sell your house or if you need to sell it to an investor.
If you decided to go with an investor, you can definitely count on us. Mrs. Property Solutions. We are a professional cash home buying company that offers a positive solution to sell your house fast. We focus on what YOU need and make sure to deliver it on your TIMELINE.