Do you need to sell your house fast in Los Angeles? It is vital that you understand the options available to you. There is more than just one way to sell your Los Angeles home. In this post, we will go through the two of the most popular ways, so you can decide which selling option will be accurate for you.
Hiring A Los Angeles Real Estate Agent
You will realize you will have to pay your agent a commission of about 5-6% if they are able to successfully sell your house in Los Angeles. However, there are also a number of other costs that will come in listing your house for sale.
- Marketing – more home sellers ought or need to utilize marketing that goes beyond the scope of their agent such professional photography, virtual tours, or premium listings.
- Repairs – Even if your house is in great shape, there will be something that needs fixing. Whether new coat of paint, leaky faucet replacement, or patching a hole in the wall, these repairs will add up fast.
- Staging – When listing your home, you will want it to look its very best. You should take some time to hide away the mess and garnish it in warm and inviting trends. You will likely hire a professional stager in Los Angeles, making the house pretty which can be costly.
- Holding Costs – Property taxes, homeowners insurance, utility bills, and maintenance costs that don’t stop when you list your house. In fact, keeping your house in tip-top shape can actually drive your holding costs up even higher.
- Closing Costs – As a home seller, you will usually pay somewhere around 2% of the final sale price toward your closing costs.
- Cleaning – Before you list and while it is on the market, the house will need to be maintained and kept clean. Most people prefer to have it cleaned professionally before it is listed and this should also consider professional carpet cleaning, power washing, and yard clean-up and hauling expenses.
Working with an agent has the potential to get the highest price possible. Be certain that all costs mentioned above will be deducted in listing with an agent in Los Angeles makes sense for you.
As you hire an agent to help you sell your house in Los Angeles, a good portion will be shouldered that goes into selling. The process will require some of your time and effort as well. For example, you will have to spend time…
- Keeping the property clean and ready for those last-minute showings
- Making repairs and upgrades to the property before it hits the MLS
- Vacating the property when someone requests to come see it
- Marketing the property on sites other than the MLS
- Waiting for the escrow process to be completed
- Waiting for an offer, hoping you will get your asking price
- Reviewing offers from potential buyers
- Negotiating with potential buyers
- Dealing with inspectors and appraisers
You could go through the worst part of all of the above when the sale falls through at the last minute. If you’ve spent any time shopping for homes in the past, you’ll often see properties go pending, only to be relisted when the funding falls through.
The difficulty you might encounter selling your house with an agent in Los Angeles is the unknown. You won’t know if you will get the and your asking price, when, or if your improvements will provide returns. It is stressful and can also make it difficult for you to plan ahead.
Selling To An Investor
It’s an open secret that when you sell your house to an investor in Los Angeles, the sale price will not be as high as retail. The amount you save will more than make up for it. Most direct buyers, including Mrs. Property Solutions buy houses as-is, which means there are no repair costs to worry about. You will also not have to pay commissions, closing costs, or extended closing costs.
More cases as we are able to close in just a few days and will potentially save you a fortune in high costs. We will handle everything else, including any items you wish to leave behind and you won’t probably have to do a thing other than pack up the items you wish to keep. Working with Mrs. Property Solutions will help you sell your house in no time, offering you convenience and a fair price.
Your idea of how to most efficiently sell your house may change if you will consider the time and the money involved with working with a Los Angeles real estate agent vs. selling to a local investor.